The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) has been initiated by Wageningen University & Research to give talented and motivated students from Africa the opportunity to study at the university in Wageningen.
With this programme, Wageningen wants to support capacity building in Africa by attracting excellent students for a 2-years master’s programme.
Benefits of WUR Masters Scholarship
- Travel to and from Wageningen
- Living allowance for 2 years
- Tuition fee
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- Budget to visit one seminar/conference in Europe
- Participation in the ‘Reach your full potential’ programme
Requirements for WUR Masters Scholarship Qualification
Excellent students with a GPA of 80 percent or higher in a bachelor degree, and admitted to a Wageningen University MSc Programme.
Enrolment in a MSc programme at Wageningen University requires:
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a field of science relevant to your selected programme.
- Sufficient quality of the bachelor’s degree as shown by an average unweighted mark of at least 7 (Dutch system) or the international equivalent of the required quality as determined in the International credentials evaluation guideline.
- Fulfil the English requirements of Wageningen University & Research
Documents Required for Application
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Dutch or English (or a certified English translation).
- Official transcript of records of your bachelor in Dutch or English with your name, logo and official stamp of your university.
- English Language Requirement
- Statement of motivation/purpose
- A typed Curriculum Vitae or brief personal history (in English).
February 1, 2021
Important dates for the ASP at a glance:
– February 1st, 2021: Deadline to apply for an MSc programme
– March 15th, 2021: Invitation of selected candidates to take part in the further selection process (approx. 60 candidates will be selected)
– March 31st, 2021: Deadline of the assignment
– April 12th, 2021: Decision about Skype interviews communicated (approx. 20 candidates will be interviewed)
– April 19th – April 30th, 2021: Skype interviews
– May 14th, 2021: Results of the selection process communicated