The Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships are open at Asia Pacific University for September 2021 enrolment. APU will automatically recommend outstanding eligible candidates to the scholarship organization.
MEXT Scholarship 2021 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, masters, PhD and training studies. MEXT scholarship will cover tuition fee, accommodation, monthly living allowance and round airfare travel expenses from your country to Japan.
This scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU. The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship with the aim of enhancing the international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship
- OrganisationJapanese Government
- Country to studyJapan
- School to studyAsia Pacific University
- Course to studyNot specified
- State of Origin
- GenderMen and Women
- Application DeadlineNovember 30, 2020
Aim and Benefits of Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship
MEXT Scholarship 2021 is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students to Study in Japan For Free. This scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2021 Rate)
- Education Fees: Fees for the Entrance Examination, Tuition Fee at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover your Round Airfare Travel Expenses from your Country to Japan. The Airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket for the flight.
- Accommodations: Residence halls for international students provided by universities.
Requirements for Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Qualification
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Be born on or after April 2, 1986
Notes:Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship. Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APUThose who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship awardThose who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarshipRecipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APURecipients of this scholarship must have student as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan
November 30, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Japanese Government on www.mofa.go.jp to apply
- Submit the APU application by November 18, 2020. Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT (SGU) application documents to APU
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT
For more details, visit the official website